Civil Litigation, Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights, Employment, Probate
Courtney Miller O’Mara is an associate with the Litigation Department of Lionel Sawyer & Collins. Ms. O’Mara’s practice focuses on civil litigation, including business litigation, creditor’s rights litigation, employment litigation, trust & estate litigation and bankruptcy litigation. She has successfully represented clients before federal and state courts and is experienced at helping clients navigate all phases of discovery and trial.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. O’Mara was law clerk to The Honorable Robert A. McQuaid, Jr., U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. Ms. O’Mara also taught sixth grade as a full-time AmeriCorps Volunteer at a private, all-scholarship school in the Barrio Logan area of San Diego.
In 2010, Mountain States Super Lawyers named Ms. O’Mara a "Rising Star" in the fields of General Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, chosen as the top 2.5 percent of young attorneys in her jurisdiction. She has also been named to Nevada Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” in 2011, 2012 and 2013 as one of Northern Nevada’s top attorneys.
- "Reflections on Protecting Conscience for Health Care Providers," 15 S. CAL. REV.L.& SOCIAL JUSTICE 327.
- “Public Employees and the First Amendment: the Intersection of Free Speech Rights and Social Media,” Nevada Lawyer (November 2012)
Rising Star 2010 - General Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Mountain States Super Lawyers
“Legal Elite” 2011, 2012 and 2013-Northern Nevada’s Top Attorneys, Nevada Business magazine
- Nevada Women’s Fund Women of Achievement (2013)
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2006
- Production Editor, Review of Law and Social Justice
- Certified Law Student, USC Domestic Violence Clinic
- USC Law School Scholarship, 2003-2006
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Program of Liberal Studies, (Minor: Hesburgh Program in Public Service), magna cum laude, 2002
- Dean's List
- D.J. Benardis Memorial Scholarship, 1998
- Gary Lyman Intern, 2001
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California