Administrative Law, Public Utilities
Bill McKean is a shareholder in Lionel Sawyer & Collins' Gaming and Regulatory Law Department, where his practice focuses on regulatory matters before local, state and federal government agencies. He has represented clients in various contested cases and rulemaking proceedings before the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada, the Nevada Energy Commission, the Nevada Tax Commission, the State Board of Equalization and local county boards of equalization, and the Nevada State Engineer. Prior to joining Lionel Sawyer & Collins, Bill served as in-house counsel for Nevada Bell, a subsidiary of SBC Communications, Inc.
- "Nevada Water Rights: An Overview for Commercial Real Property Transactions," co-author Briah Schusterman, Northern Nevada Business Weekly-Business Law Guide 2013.
- "Nevada Sales and Use Tax issues for Administrative Law Professionals", co-author Richard Cunningham, Nevada Lawyer, July 2011.
- "Answering Vexing Client Questions about Nevada's Property Tax Abatement Scheme," co-author Jennifer DiMarzio, Nevada Lawyer, April 2009.
- Member, Washoe County Bar Assciation
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, National Association of Property Tax Attorneys (NAPTA)
- Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D., December 1997
- First in Class, American Jurisprudence and Bancroft-Whitney Awards: Property and Evidence 1997; CALI Awards: Bankruptcy Litigation Seminar and Evidence; First Place, Appellate Advocacy Competition; Golden Gate Law Review, Member, Fall 1995; Moot Court Board, Member, Fall 1996, Spring 1997
- San Francisco State University, B.A. in Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1994
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada