Gaming and Regulatory Law
Ms. Whittemore is Of Counsel in the Firm's Gaming and Regulatory Law Department and practices principally in gaming law and regulation. Prior to joining the Firm, she was supervising deputy attorney general for the Gaming Division. She is the primary author of Nevada Gaming Commission Regulations 6 (Accounting Regulations), 14 (Manufacturers, Distributors, Gaming Devices, New Games and Associated Equipment) and 26A (Off-Track Pari-Mutuel Wagering). She successfully prosecuted individuals who were then included in the "Black Book" (the list of persons excluded from casinos) and was lead counsel in the case that established that gaming devices could not display "near misses" to customers (leading them to believe that they were close to a win).
Ms. Whittemore regularly represents clients before the Nevada Gaming Control Board and the Nevada Gaming Commission in licensing, disciplinary and tax matters. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Gaming Law and Information Technology Law; in Chambers USA for Gaming & Licensing Law; and in Mountain States Super Lawyers for Gaming Law.
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, Washoe County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association (General and Business Practice Sections; Vice Chair, Gaming Law Committee)
- Member, State Bar of Nevada (Member: Executive Committee, Gaming Law Section; Secretary, Young Lawyers Executive Council, 1987-1988)
- Member, Nevada Gaming Attorneys
- Member, International Association of Gaming Advisors
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Nevada, Reno, B.A., 1978
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court