Administrative Law and Regulatory Law; Government Affairs
Former Clark County Commissioner Rory J. Reid is a shareholder at Lionel Sawyer & Collins. He is in the Firm's Gaming and Regulatory Law Department and his practice focuses on government relations, renwable energy and gaming. Rory's experience is community-driven. Rory served as Chairman of the Clark County Board of Commissioners, and was named "Best Local Government Official" the by Las Vegas Review-Journal. He was the Democratice nominee for Governor of Nevada in 2010. Rory was recently appointed an Adjunct Professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he teaches a master's degree course in public administation.
At the age of thirty, he became Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Lady Luck Gaming Corporation. During his tenure, the company experienced significant growth. Rory also worked on Capitol Hill as a legislative aide. He served as Chairman of the Nevada Democratic Party and a member of the Democratic National Committee. In addition, Rory was Vice Chair of the Nevada Taxicab Authority.
Rory was born in Alexandria, Virginia and raised in the Las Vegas Valley. His choice of a legal career was probably pre-ordained – his father and three brothers also chose law. Rory and his wife, Cindy, are the proud parents of three children.
Rory Reid has an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory. He has also been listed in Best Lawyers.
- Former Chairman, Clark County Board of Commissioners, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Former Chair, Nevada State Democratic Party
- Former Member, Democratic National Committee Former Member, Clark County Citizens Committee on Efficiency in Government
- Former Legislative Aide to California Congressman Matthew Martinez
- Co-Founder, Nevadans for Public Awareness
- Past Vice-Chair, Nevada Taxicab Authority
- Member, International Association of Gaming Attorneys
- Board Member, Clark County Public Education Foundation
- Board Member, Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth Advisory Board
- Board of Trustees, Clark County Water Reclamation District
- Board of Trustees, Big Bend Water District
- Board of Trustees, Kyle Canyon Water District
- Board of Directors, Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Member, Clark County Liquor and Gaming Licensing Board
- Member, Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs
- Member, Regional Jail Commission
- Board of Directors, Clark County District Board of Health
- Board of Directors, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Member, Nevada State Bar
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D., 1988
- Brigham Young University, B.A. in International Relations and Spanish, 1985
- State Bar of Nevada
- Bar of the District of Columbia