Charles McCrea is a shareholder with the Litigation Department of Lionel Sawyer & Collins. He has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation, corporate law, commercial transactions, business law, and gaming law.
Immediately after law school, Mr. McCrea served as a law clerk at the Nevada Supreme Court. He joined Lionel Sawyer & Collins in 1976 where he remained until 1994 when he joined Mikohn Gaming Corporation as Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary. During the years he was with Lionel Sawyer & Collins, Mr. McCrea opened the firm's Reno office where he spent several years practicing law. In 2003 Mr. McCrea left Mikohn to become a shareholder in McCrea Martin Allison, Ltd. He rejoined Lionel Sawyer & Collins in 2006.
Mr. McCrea is listed in The Best Lawyers in America's 2012 edition in six categories: Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Labor & Employment and Litigation-Real Estate. He is also recognized by Mountain States Super Lawyers in Business Litigation. He has held an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1989. In 2011, Mr. McCrea was appointed by the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada to serve a three-year term as a Lawyer Representative to the Court. As such, he will be invited to attend the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conferences to be held in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Member, Clark County Bar
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, International Association of Gaming Attorneys, 1999-2003
- Lawyer Representative to the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 2011 -
- California Western School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Member, Board of Editors, California Western Law Review
- University of Nevada, B.S.B.A.