Sam Lionel is a founder of the Firm. He serves as President of the Firm, is a member of the Executive Committee, and is Chairman of the Litigation Department. Mr. Lionel is one of the most respected and well-known trial attorneys in Nevada. His depth of experience and long record of success at trial continues to serve the Firm's prestigious clients.
Mr. Lionel is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law, and was named to "The Top 75" by Mountain States Super Lawyers. Mr. Lionel has an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell directory. Most recently, Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, named Mr. Lionel as the “Las Vegas Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year” for 2013 for Bet-the-Company Litigation and in 2010 for Corporate Law.
Mr. Lionel is a retired lieutenant colonel JAG.
- Member and Chairman (for eighteen years), Board of Bar Examiners of Nevada
- Member, Ninth Circuit Senior Advisory Board, 1990-1996
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Doctor of Laws, 2013 (honorary doctorate)
- St. John’s University, Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa, 2010 (honorary doctorate)
- California Western School of Law, LL.D., 1985 (honorary degree)
- St. John's University, LL.B.
- New York State Bar
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Nevada and U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit