Gaming and Regulatory Law; Government Relations; First Amendment Litigation
Jennifer Gaynor is part of the firm's Gaming and Regulatory Law Department and Government Relations team. She represents clients before the Nevada Legislature, various professional and licensing boards and state and local tax authorities.
Jennifer also represents clients on matters involving First Amendment law, public records and open meeting law, election law and regulatory agency actions.
Prior to joining Lionel Sawyer & Collins, Ms. Gaynor served as a law clerk for the FCC, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, National Public Radio, and the National Association of Broadcasters, all in Washington, D.C. She also externed for Magistrate Judge Alan Kay, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Ms. Gaynor was named a Rising Star for 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013 in Administrative Law by Mountain States Super Lawyers.
In early 2010, Ms. Gaynor became the Nevada state chair for CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In this role, she will help to organize events, and have in-district meetings with Nevada’s members of Congress each year.
- “Nevada Property Tax Appeals: Practice Tips and Tricks,” Communiqué, March 2010
- "Why Are My Property Tax Bills Going Up When Property Values are Going Down? Answering Vexing Client Questions About Nevada's Property Tax Abatement Scheme,” Nevada Lawyer, Co-Author, April 2009
- “Developers and Lenders Need to Be Wary of the Lapsing of Approvals for Mothballed Projects,” Lionel Sawyer & Collins Client Alert, Co-Author, January 2009; Excerpt re-published in Construction Connection, March 2009
- “How to Be A Public Access TV Star: a.k.a. Tips on Being a Successful Administrative Law Attorney,” Communiqué , December 2008
- “2008-2009 Property Tax Bills – Know What To Look For,” Lionel Sawyer & Collins Client Alert, Co-Author, July 2008
- “Gambling with Nevada's Lottery Laws,” Communiqué, February 2008
- "Protecting Private Sector Interests: Nevada's Anti-SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) Statute," Presenter at Law Seminars International seminar on Public Records Act Litigation, October 2013
- "Nevada's Open Meeting Law and Public Records Statute," State Bar of Nevada CLE, June 2013
- “Gaming Law Pitfalls: A Review of Issues for the Non-Gaming Attorney,” Clark County Bar Association CLE Seminar, Co-Presenter, May 2009
- “Managing Your Property Tax: Tax Opportunities for Nevada Business and Property Owners,” Lionel Sawyer & Collins Breakfast Briefing, Co-Creator, December 2008, August 2009
- “What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings,” Lorman Education Services Seminar, Co-Presenter, April 2008
- Nevada State Chair, CARE
- Rising Star 2009 and 2010 -- Administrative Law, Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Member, CLE Committee, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, New Lawyer’s Committee
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Member, Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Howard D. McKibben Inn of Court
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2005
- Northeastern University, B.A. magna cum laude in Journalism, 1997
- State Bar of Nevada, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2005